T-Mobile Customer Service is an EPIC FAIL!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

.•*ღ Denial is Corporate America's Best Friend

After launching my EECB to T-Mobile, I waited patiently for a response. I remained hopeful that I would be able to resolve the dispute since there was so much positive feedback from other consumers who experienced similar situations themselves.

The way I see it, my record should speak for itself. A loyal customer of many years, who paid her bills on time, and didn’t make frequent calls to customer service to complain. The fact that I was a customer should’ve been enough to warrant being treated with good faith let alone the fact that I was a loyal customer for several years. How ironic, that I was offered the “Unlimited Loyalty Plan”, the same time I was canceling my account. Even the representative who made the offer me laughed at himself for even asking, but it was protocol.

Judging from my experience so far, I have my doubts about how much T-Mobile actually cares about their “loyal customers”… scratch that. I don’t doubt it, I know they don’t care. They’re just looking for more ways to screw their customers over so they can “GET MORE” for themselves.

Well anyways, back to the EECB. About two days after the email went out; I received a voice mail in response to my email. This started a series of emails back and forth with another customer service representative who also proved to be unhelpful.

Ralph Gutierrez
Executive Representative

T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Executive Customer Relations
Office 877-290-6323 extension 3418022
Fax number 505-998-3796

In the series of emails, Ralph essentially repeats whatever is “noted” on my account, stating that T-Mobile will not change their position on the matter. He then offers to settle the matter with a $250 goodwill credit, which I decline again. I guess T-Mobile doesn’t want to look like a bunch of hypocrites by going against what against what another T-Mobile rep already determined.

So much for speaking to a rational T-Mobile employee who would actually listen to me.

As I stated before (like a broken record), why should I have to pay because someone else’s mistake? I was promised a service which I didn’t receive, and now I’m expected to pay because of it? I also find it insulting how these T-Mobile representatives keep speaking to me like they’re the ones doing me a favor, by offering their one-time goodwill credits. It’s like a smack in the face.

Although Ralph didn’t speak to me as rudely as the previous representative, Vin Rozzi, he still proved to be unhelpful. Ralph didn’t address any of my issues or even my complaint about how I was treated by Rozzi, who yelled at me, and essentially accused me of being a deadbeat.

I bet T-Mobile has a policy where representatives are only allowed to respond to customers using a set of prewritten responses, most of these representatives are not better than talking to an automated machine. That would explain why every rep I speak to just ignore and spit out the same responses over and over regardless of what I say.

Well long story short, after a slew of emails, nothing was resolved. Ralph maintained that T-Mobile was not at fault since they had no record and that T-Mobile considered the matter closed. It was seriously the same thing that the other representative said, so I think it’s safe to say that T-Mobile customer representatives read from the same book with a fill in the name slot for the names of their customers.

So in response to Ralph’s redundant and unhelpful reply, I emailed him the following:



April 13, 2009

Dear Ralph,

Like I said before, I have contacted T-Mobile regarding the requested changes and the fact that T-Mobile has no records of my call shows no fault on my part. I have been a loyal customer for several years and have never made any complaints against T-Mobile before. I have incurred overages in the past which I paid without an issue, since I knew it was my fault. However, I will not pay for charges that I am not responsible for.

Can you verify without a shadow of a doubt that the system which T-Mobile utilizes to monitor customer service calls works 100% of the time and is 100% accurate. If it is in fact as accurate as you have implied, then I see no reason why you would not be able to track my calls, or note that fact that I did not request to have my service updated to unlimited recently, but that your representative said she would change my plan to prevent further overages upon hearing my situation. In fact, if your system was so accurate, the representatives would not have told me they had no record of me checking my account online since November when I had indeed checked in earlier that week which compelled me to call in the first place about the erroneous charges.

I am not a one to make false claims when I am the one at fault. A T-Mobile representative confirmed my requested change, and promised me a service that I never received. As a result of an employee of T-Mobile, my account was unjustly billed for overages that I would've not incurred otherwise.

Throughout my attempts to resolve this matter, T-Mobile has shown me nothing but bad faith and disrespect. It pains me to think that I spent so many years doing business with a company that cares so little about their customers.

Please be advised that if you forward my account to collections resulting in late fees and/or harm to my credit score, I intend to seek compensation for those damages as well. I have posted about dispute on numerous consumer blogs and will continue my claim through the small claims court.

Regards,
XXXXXXXX



Ralph, of course ignored my question and said that I should pay it before my account is thrown into collections.

But once again, a Customer Service Representative of T-Mobile are full of Sh…

I say this because I started receiving harassing calls from a collection agency about 4 days of closing my account; which was about 2 weeks before I Ralph and I first spoke. Upon receiving the first call from the collection agency, I was a bit stunned since I specifically asked the rep who I talked with to close my account, to make a note about the billing dispute to prevent it from being thrown into collections.

The collections rep who called only proved to further irk me when he introduced himself rudely to me as if I had done something wrong. Of course, by that time, my frustration was through the roof and I wasn’t about to let some idiot from a collections agency who knew nothing about my situation talked to me like some deadbeat who refuses to pay her bills.

I informed this idiot of the situation which should’ve been noted on my account, which he says it wasn’t. Shock there… Then I told him that I am not surprised that another T-Mobile rep failed to do their job and for him to be smart, do his job and note my account appropriately and to not call me unless he wants me to sue him for harassment.

The following day I receive a collection notice dated 2-3 days after I closed my account.

Seriously… T-Mobile Customer service number 1 according to JD Powers and Associates my @$$.

They are poorly trained and unprofessional in every way. They can’t update customer accounts correctly, and they have this bad habit of lying to customers. Since they clearly don't seem able to listen or understand their customers, T-Mobile might as well outsource their customer service to India and save themselves a few bucks. I'm sure they level of comprehension and competency will be the same. At least then, T-Mobile execs will be getting what they paid for in their customer service department.

Following the email I received from Ralph, I decided it was best to contact the collection agency, ER Solutions, Inc. just to make sure my account was properly noted this time. I contacted a representative named, Ayesha who informed me that there was no notes or any information on my account other than I owe money.

Another failure by customer service representatives

So I repeat the situation again, ask her to put my account on hold and I sent the agency a letter via first class and certified to prevent any damage to my credit.

Here's a copy of the letter I sent to the collection agency:



April 14, 2009

BY CERTIFIED MAIL

ER Solutions, Inc.
49 Winter Street
Weymouth, MA 02188

Re: ERS Account No.: XXXXXXX
Balance: $568.74

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am receipt of your notice of collection for $568.74 in relation my now closed account with T-Mobile. Prior to closing my account, I spoke with a T-Mobile customer representative concerning a dispute I am having with regard to the balance and to note my account accordingly. As such, I am puzzled by the phone calls and correspondence I have received from your agency for the aforementioned matter. On April 13th, I contacted your office and spoke with Ayesha, ext.2218, informing her of the pending dispute and to cease all activities on my account.

In accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request for a validation of my debt. This is asking for proof verifying the debt you claim. As I am disputing this balance, you as a collection agency have the obligation to verify the validity and accuracy of this balance. Without proper verification, you must be aware that reporting such inaccurate information will result in defamation of character and negatively affect my credit report. You are supposed to stop all collection activities including reporting this information on my credit report.

Please attach copies of the following with the reply:

1. The agreement, which authorizes the creditor to collect debt on the alleged debt;
2. The signed agreement from the debtor conforming to pay the creditor; and
3. The documents regarding the payments made on this account validating the amount.

Please note that this letter will also serve as your legal notice under provisions of federal law, the FDCPA, to cease all communication with me concerning the debt referenced above. I have decided that I do not desire to work with a collection agency under any circumstances. I will contact the original creditor to resolve this matter directly, as circumstances warrant. You are also notified that should any adverse information be placed against my credit reports as a result of this notice that appropriate actions will be taken.

Please be advised that any non-compliance to this written notice will result in a formal complaint against you with the Federal Trade Commission who is responsible for enforcement of the FDCPA, the States Attorney General office and Massachusetts Bar Association. In addition, I will also not hesitate to take legal action against you, which will include charges of mail-fraud, which refers to any attempt to unlawfully obtain money using the U.S. Postal Service.

I have disputed this debt; therefore, until validated you know your information concerning this debt is inaccurate. Thus, if you have already reported this debt to any credit-reporting agency (CRA) or Credit Bureau (CB) then, you must immediately inform them of my dispute with this debt. Reporting information that you know to be inaccurate or failing to report information correctly violates the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1681s-2. Should you pursue a judgment without validating this debt, I will inform the judge and request the case be dismissed based on your failure to comply with the FDCPA.

Please give this very important matter the attention it deserves.

With regards,
XXXXXXXXX

CERTIFIED MAIL: RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED NO.: XXXXXXX



Corporate America never fails to amaze me with their overwhelming lack of concern for consumers. Why own up to their mistakes when they can deny everything and try to force customers to pay up by sending collection agencies after them.

It seems like the more the recession takes a toll on the country, the more Corporate America tries to screw over consumers. Regular everyday people, who are suffering the most from the recession. It is a shame how low Corporate America has sunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you've experienced similar frustrations as a consumer. I'd love to hear what your thoughts.