T-Mobile Customer Service is an EPIC FAIL!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

.•*ღ Fighting Back with Strategies from Consumerist.com

So after getting ignored by customer service, filing a complaint with the BBB and then getting yelled at by a so-called T-Mobile executive customer representative, I end up switching to Verizon and that ridiculous bill is still there.

What to do now?

What else? But to get tips from the most informative consumer blog on the web, Consumerist.com. After browsing through the blog, I found that one of the tactics, which got the most rave reviews for Consumerists fighting back, was the Executive Email Carpet Bomb, better known as an EECB. According to numerous consumers, there is no better way to get a company to acknowledge you and finally stop ignoring you, than to launch one of these.

The gist of an EECB is to get your voice heard by some top level people who might actually care about what your have to say. I was surprised to see how often people actually experience trouble with T-Mobile until I tried locating emails and found numerous blogs containing this information. This just goes to show how "awesome" T-Mobile's customer service is.... yeah...

So, I wrote my complaint and sent it to their Executive Customer Service Response team, and hoped for the best. The below is a copy of what I sent:



T-Mobile
Robert P. Dotson - President, CEO, and Director
12920 SE 38th St.
Bellevue, WASHINGTON 98006

Re: Overage Charges
Account: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr. Dotson:

I am contacting you in relation to an ongoing dispute I have with T-Mobile regarding overage charges that were erroneously billed to my account. For the past month, I have contacted T-Mobile Customer Service repeatedly in hopes of resolving this matter but have been unsuccessful in my efforts.

In December 2008, after incurring some text messaging overage charges, I contacted T-Mobile Customer Service and requested to upgrade to unlimited Text messaging to prevent future overages. Following the confirmed service change, I did not encounter any problems until approximately two billing cycles later.

In March 2009, while checking my credit card statements online, as I often did, I was surprised to find that T-Mobile had charged me ~$300 more than usual through automatic bill pay. Figuring that the charges must be a mistake, I accessed my T-Mobile account online and was shocked to discover that the charges were text messaging overages and was also being charges another ~$200 in overages as another billing cycle had just ended when my payment was posted to my credit card.

I immediately contacted T-Mobile customer service to resolve the mistakenly billed overages to my account. The first representative I spoke with, after explaining my situation to him, informed me he was unable to help me and that he would find someone who could. I was bounced around several times before I was finally able to speak with another customer representative, Nicole.

During my thirty-minute conversation with Nicole, I explained that the charges were erroneous, as I had requested my text messaging service be upgraded to unlimited months earlier. Nicole then informed me that she was unable to locate any notes regarding my request but T-Mobile would be willing to offer me a $100 goodwill credit. I declined her offer, stating that it was an insufficient resolution to my problem. I then requested to speak with her supervisor and was informed that one would contact me within 24 hours.

When I did not receive a call from the supervisor as promised, I contacted T-Mobile again, where I was bounced around for another fifteen minutes before finally speaking with a representative named Jason. Jason, like Nicole, informed me that he was unable to help me, and that a supervisor would contact me in 72 hours.

After several days of waiting for a response, I contacted the Better Business Bureau in hopes of expediting a resolution. The following day, I received a call from a T-Mobile supervisor in response to my BBB complaint, a Mr. Vin Rozzi. I believed I would be able to resolve the issue with Mr. Rozzi but was surprised to find that Mr. Rozzi had no interest in listening to me or understanding my situation. Throughout our conversation, Mr. Rozzi refused to listen to me, repeatedly interrupting me and talking over me while vehemently repeating that the charges were my “fault”. The more I attempted to explain my situation, the louder Mr. Rozzi became.

Despite my best attempts to communicate with Mr. Rozzi, he made no effort to understand or rationally address the issue. Mr. Rozzi then offered a $200 goodwill credit, stating that it was a onetime offer despite the fact that T-Mobile maintains that the charges are my “fault”. I declined the offer, explaining to Mr. Rozzi that I felt the charges were unfair as I was promised a service by a customer representative of T-Mobile, which I never received and as a result, incurred substantial costs that would have otherwise been avoidable.

I went on to inform Mr. Rozzi that I had been a loyal customer for several years and hoped to resolve the issue without having to resolve to litigation. To my surprise and amazement, Mr. Rozzi responded with a scoff, stating that he would see me in court and that he would report my non-acceptance to the BBB and that as far as T-Mobile was concerned, my case was closed. Shortly after my communications with Mr. Rozzi, T-Mobile suspended my cell phone services.

Having been a loyal T-Mobile customer since 2002, it is difficult not to feel utterly flabbergasted by the treatment I was given. It truly was my hope to resolve this issue and continue my relationship with T-Mobile, unfortunately the sequence of events leading up to the suspension of my services, brought me to make the decision to end my long-running relationship with T-Mobile.

It is regrettable that this situation led the cancellation of my services with T-Mobile however; I hope we can resolve this problem without having to resort to litigation or arbitration. I look forward to your reply and resolution to this matter.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Email: XXXX
Mobile: XXXXXX



After sending this out, I felt a bit relieved, because I started to feel a tinge of hope that perhaps I'd find a rational person who could actually understand the situation. And how it is wrong to expect a customer to pay for a T-Mobile representative's mistake.

I got a call back two days later... but I'll save that for the next post....


........



T-Mobile contact info I've found:

Robert Dotson, CEO
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
12920 SE 38th St.
Bellevue, WASHINGTON 98006
Robert Dotson - robert.dotson@t-mobile.com

Stuart
Executive Assistant to the Vice President
1-877-290-6323 ext. 341-8025

Jennifer Bachus
Executive Customer Relatives Coordinator
877-290-6323, ext. 341-8083

Kelly Spindle
Executive Customer Relations Coordinator
877-290-6323 ext. 341-8082

Executive Resolutions Fax:
813-353-6545

ExecutiveResponse@T-Mobile.com

Source: ExecutiveBomb.com



......



Other T-Mobile Consumer Complaints:

Billing Complaints from ConsumerAffairs.com
Another Cheated Loyal Customer
Rep Screws Up, Customer Pays
T-Mobile Sucks at Math so Customer Credit Scores Have to Suffer
T-MobileFraud.com....enough said.
Denial & Collection Agencies: T-Mobile's #1 Solution for Incompetent Employees


.....



On another note... I stumbled upon this post from a former T-Mobile Customer Representative. I'm sure anyone who has been burned by T-Mobile billing and/or their customer service will see this as further validation to our disputes.

T-Mobile best customer service my @$$:

T-Mobile Informative
Customer Service - Sweat Shop Environment - Customer Service


Posted By: philmore on 11/11/2008

I was a customer service representative for T-Mobile. They claim to have the best service. It was the worse job I ever had. Management was rude and uninformed. They were unhelpful in resolving disputes and became inflamed if you transferred an unsatisfied customer to them. We were never allowed to give out corporate numbers, repair center numbers.

It was a total sweat shop environment. I was a long timer at 6 months.


Source: My3cents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you've experienced similar frustrations as a consumer. I'd love to hear what your thoughts.